Occupational Health and Safety
Acacia Mining Operations give utmost importance to personal health and safety of its employees, contractors and visitors in all its activities carried out. Acacia Mining believes that potential accidents can be avoided adopting an effective Occupational Health and Safety system designed for protection from potential accidents and risks.
The primary objective of Acacia Mining in Occupational Health and Safety is to minimize accidents in line with its target of “Zero Accident”. Consequently, the objective is to reach this goal, providing an active participation at all levels with collaboration.
Acacia Mining provides its employees and contractors with systematic and effective staff training programs, safe working practices aligned with the profession and technique, active and reliable project and personal protection equipment, operating and maintenance instructions complying to the legislation and applicable standards, and safety guidelines.
The related staff members and contractors are responsible for complying with necessary health and safety standards and the applicable statutory legislation, putting health and safety plans into use in full, controlling and inspecting areas of work, and cooperating with the management during accident and incident investigations.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY GENERAL POLICY
Acacia Mining Operations Company is a mining facility carrying out all aspects of its operations with a safe responsibility, and respects the health and well-being of its employees and the communities in all operations.
As Acacia Mining Operations Company, we will provide:
- A healthy and safe workplace for our employees, subcontractors and all our visitors,
- Fulfil our responsibilities to protect the health, safety and well-being of our employees and other persons who may be affected by our activities,
- Compliance with legislation on occupational health and safety as well as operating standards determined by management,
- Review the policies necessary for the implementation of continuous developments in the occupational health and safety management system and protection of appropriate operating standards,
- Supporting a culture where occupational health and safety risks are assessed and managed at all levels,
- To provide all necessary equipment and systems and to train the employees in order to create healthy and safe working conditions in a sense of responsibility and acting with cooperation,
- Develop and implement effective preparation and response systems for emergencies,
- The continuity of sensitive, responsible and respectful activities in our business,
while conducting our activities.